The Ayurvedic Medical Colleges In Karnataka its eligibility and scope.
A study in medicine
Medical field still remains one of the most respected fields in the world and that too for valid reasons. It is the study that has provided humans with the ability to perform miracles and change human life forever. With medicine, doctors are able to prolong life of other people.
What is Ayurvedic medicine?
Medical field has many parts and one of these is ayurvedic medicine. It is a field which is lesser known and lacks the validity that conventional medicines enjoy. Still, it is practiced widely, especially in India, which also happens to be the place of its origination. It includes usage of herbs and other dietary changes to help a person recover from some or other disease.
Where can you study it?
There are many dedicated courses pertaining to this field and many colleges which offer it to the medical students.
A list of top 5 Ayurvedic Medical Colleges in India 2018
- Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar
- JB Roy State Medical College, Kolkata
- Ayurvedic Medical College, Kolhapur
If you are looking for something closer to home or east side of the nation then you can opt for the colleges in Karnataka.
A list of top 5 Ayurvedic Medical Colleges in Karnataka in 2018
- SDM College of Ayurveda (SDMCA), Udupi
- Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College (KAMC), Mangalore
- Atreya Ayurvedic Medical College (AAMC), Bangalore
- T.G. Group Of Institutions , Bangalore
- Goutham College (GC), Bangalore
Eligibility for the course and duration
The study related to ayurvedic medicine in college is Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.). To become eligible, one needs to pass the exam of 12th standard or an equivalent of the same with scores in the bracket of 50% to 100% in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology but reserved children are given a levy of 10% to get admission in the same course.
The course would last for five and a half years and the last year will be dedicated towards internship.
What can you do afterwards?
- After graduation, one can opt to work in a hospital in India as a doctor.
- If you wish to make the field for relevant, you can choose to do research.
- Teaching is also a profession that you can choose.
B.A.M.S. is one of the lesser known fields of medicine that needs people who can make its existence known and make people give their due respect to this old study.